The Project Officer drives marketing and promotion of FSSI’s financial services among target social enterprises (SEs) and is responsible for market scanning and generating project leads, assisting potential partners in developing project applications consistent with FSSI’s triple bottom line criteria, reviewing loan applications for completeness and accuracy, monitoring project performance and working across functional units to support the growth of SE partners.
The post holder may be required to undertake other duties from time to time which are broadly in line with the work scope of the Project Development and Monitoring Unit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct industry scanning to inform the development of marketing plans
- Write and present marketing plans to FSSI management
- Deliver marketing activities that effectively generate project leads
- Leverage communication assets including FSSI’s website, social media, and events to promote understanding of FSSI’s financial services to potential partners
- Coordinate and analyze data from FSSI activities, partner databases and other sources to maximize reach and monitor outcomes of marketing efforts
B. Project Development
- Conduct business review and financial analysis
- Handle loan and deposit inquiries, ensuring thorough understanding of the project application process and requirements
- Gather required documents, ensuring that the project purpose and activities are well explained
- Validate information provided and scrutinize loan applications for adherence to FSSI’s triple bottom line criteria
- Write a substantive Triple Bottomline assessment of the project application and endorse it for credit review
- Consolidate and present project application reviews to FSSI management
- Ensure that partners’ concerns related to the application are handled in a professional manner at all times
- Assist partners in developing project monitoring plans
- Ensure that the result of each project application is communicated clearly and expediently through official channels
- Facilitate completion of loan documentation requirements upon project approval
- Ensure that partners comply with project terms prior to release of funds
- Secure confirmation of project work plans, amortization schedules and reporting milestones
C. Business development service
- Conduct diagnosis of the organization and business operation of selected partners
- Develop strategies and recommendations for business development
- Provide advisory and other technical assistance to selected partners
- Assist in the delivery of business development services by in-house and/or external service providers
D. Relationship Management
- Establish open communication lines and nurture pleasant working relationships with partners
- Facilitate and ensure complete documentation of project contracts and compliance to the terms and conditions of approved projects
- Conduct monthly check-ins via face-to-face meetings or phone calls to update on the partner’s project activities
- Write and transmit to partners the minutes of meetings or summaries of verbal agreements via email within 24 hours
- Facilitate drawdown requests and check releases efficiently
- Track and flag the amortization schedule to partners
E. Project Monitoring and Reporting
- Monitor and report loan utilization
- Write and present project updates, reports and briefing papers
- Collate, analyze and report project data based on agreed monitoring and reporting plans
- Monitor critical projects and initiate/recommend interventions
- Maintain and update project files including documentation (pictures and reports) of all partners
F. Performs other related function as maybe assigned from time to time
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree preferably in Economics, Business, or Marketing
EXPERIENCE: 5 years work experience in similar positions. Background in marketing loan / financial products, project management, business operations or social enterprise development, development financing, monitoring and evaluation. Familiarity with organizational development and cost management. Proven competence in project planning, research, and development; Marketing; Monitoring and Evaluation, Client Service
SKILLS: Strong communicator and connector, detail-oriented, very organized, calm, excellent presentation skills, team player, critical thinker and ability to manage parallel projects.
Interested applicants may tender an application letter addressed to the HR and Administration Manager, and together with their curriculum vitae submit to:
The HR and Administration Unit
Foundation for a Sustainable Society, Inc.
46-E Eugenio Lopez Street corner Samar Avenue,
South Triangle, Quezon City
Deadline for submission of application is 20 August 2023.
FSSI will reply to shortlisted applicants only.
For interested candidates, please click “APPLY NOW” and be sure to upload your updated CV or resume through Jobstreet.