FSSI is a non-government organization established in 1995. It manages an endowment fund which resulted from the successful debt swap campaign of international and local organizations to cancel the foreign debt from the Swiss government.
FSSI has promoted a “triple bottom line” (3BL) approach in supporting social enterprise development. This approach enables social enterprises to manage their economic, social, and environmental impact. FSSI supports social enterprises by providing financial and technical services that enables them to achieve their profit, people and planet bottom lines. FSSI has a range of products and services that include equities, loans, deposits, and grants, as well as business development support services.
Directly in charge of the Foundation’s financial resources for operations: governance bodies (General Assembly, Board of Trustees and committees), management and secretariat (FSSI management and staff), and general administration.
The Finance Manager is responsible for accounting and internal control of the Foundation’s assets and real properties (including resources acquired from its development financing operations), commercial portfolio, and cash resources and account maintenance.
Key Result Areas
- Budgeting/Budget Monitoring
- Accounting and Internal Control
- Monitoring of Investments & Performance of Fund Managers of the Commercial Portfolio
- External Audit
- Monitoring of Financial Assets Acquired and Accounts Recovery
- Unit Administration
- General Coordination and/ or BOT/ Committee Secretariat
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a Certified Public Accountant
At least 5 years’ experience in comptrollership, treasury/ cash management, investments and credit management in a supervisory capacity.
1. Technical Competencies
- Proficient in the use of utilizing software applications on numbers processing and spreadsheets software
- Working knowledge of banking, labour and taxation laws and rules, accounting principles; current economic market conditions;
- Accounting and bookkeeping principles and practices;
- Fund management and budgeting skills
- Financial analysis, monitoring and evaluation
2. Project Management Skills
3. Cost – Benefit Analysis Skills
4. Partnership Building & Networking Skills
5. Proficient in the use of MS Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Interested applicants may tender an application letter addressed to the HR and Administration Manager with their curriculum vitae and submit to:
The HR and Administration Unit
Foundation for a Sustainable Society, Inc.
46-E Eugenio Lopez Street corner Samar Avenue
South Triangle, Quezon City
Deadline for submission of application is Friday, 28 May 2021.
FSSI will reply to shortlisted applicants only.